7 Journal Prompts To Heal Your Chakras For Greater Self-Awareness + Life Transformation
The way your body functions has a lot to do with the way you choose to process your human experience.
Throughout your life you may experience emotional blockages caused by traumas and experiences that you’ve struggled with.
Ready to dive in right now? Snag your free Chakra Healing Guide:
When you’re face-to-face with these emotional blockages you can feel like you’re on the losing side of the battle.
Many of us feel like we take the back seat and let our emotions take a hold of a situation that triggers us.
This causes you to feel helpless, and weighed down by our past, or hopeless about your future.
The good news…..
There’s a way to process these emotional blockages holding you back!
Through the chakra system you can learn to understand exactly why you feel lack of control in your life and get back in the driver’s seat.
Enter greater self-awareness, and BIG life transformation—all in a nice little package of easy journaling and self-reflection.
The only thing you need to do so this works….
Is to do the work.
Work through these prompts once, twice, or even each week until you have uprooted your barriers and experienced a shift into a more positive mindset.
You’ll feel in full control over your life once again.
So, what the heck are the chakras?
There are seven basic chakras which we’ll be chatting about.
The chakras are known as the ‘subtle body’ part of our makeup that we cannot see, but we can feel.
The chakras are areas within your body where there’s a lot of energetic activity.
This activity is affected all the time by numerous factors in your life like:
- And even your day to day activities
These activities, especially stresses can change the energetic frequency or spin rate of a chakra making it too fast, or too slow instead of just right.
We call this an ‘excessive’ chakra or ‘deficient’ chakra, and the normal state is ‘balanced.’
This gives you a gauge for what’s going on in your life, how it’s affecting your body, and what you can do about it to restore the right balance.
There are countless ways to restore balance, but the easiest is THIS — grab a pen and paper, and ACTUALLY process the emotional baggage, stress, and other sludge from your life so that you can find more balance.
Not only does journaling help you reflect but it helps you access grey matter in your brain too, which makes you more peaceful.
Why aren’t we self-healing our chakras all of the time?
We move TOO fast.
We take in a whole lot every day, and we don’t process very much of it even though it happens to us.
Example, only about 17% of what we hear is absorbed!
WTF are we doing the rest of the time!
- Chakra 1, the Root Chakra governs your feeling of security in your life. It also helps you feel grounded (not out of control.)
- Chakra 2, the Sacral Chakra governs your feeling of sexuality, and creativity. It helps you feel energized and motivated (not sluggish.)
- Chakra 3, the Solar Plexus Chakra governs your feeling of personal power. It helps you feel lit up from the inside, and like you have a purpose (that you’re not skating through our lives.)
- Chakra 4, the Heart Chakra governs your relationships with others and yourself. It helps you feel connected and secure in your feelings (instead of separated from others or your expression of yourself.)
- Chakra 5, the Throat Chakra governs your communication. It helps you communicate what you feel and believe with the world (instead of feeling like you’re constantly holding back.)
- Chakra 6, the Third Eye Chakra governs your intuition. It helps you feel an inner sense of knowing that you’re on the right path and supported by something higher than yourself (instead of feeling lost, or not trusting your path or purpose.)
- Chakra 7, the Crown Chakra governs your connection to something greater. It helps you feel that you’re here for a reason, and that you’re learning from your life choices (instead of feeling like things just ‘happen’ to you.)
Ready to process this crap so you feel more focused, in control and balanced in your life?
Grab a pen, and some paper, and get ready to free write – just let it flow baby…
*Note you should journal on your past, and present (chakras don’t know the difference between when you were 5 years old and when you are 25 years old, they just store information 😉 …)
Prompts for the Root Chakra:
- How do I feel safe in my life?
- How do I feel unsafe in my life?
- Where in my life do I need to be more realistic?
- Where in my life can I set more boundaries?
- How would being safe, setting boundaries, and being realistic make me feel?
Prompts for the Sacral Chakra:
- How am I able to sexually express myself?
- How am I not able to sexually express myself?
- What do I desire from my life?
- Where can I be more creative and energetic in my life?
- How would embodying my sexuality, bringing forth my true desires, and being more creative make me feel?
Prompts for the Solar Plexus Chakra:
- Where do I feel confident in my life?
- Where do I not feel confident in my life?
- Do I feel powerful in my body, in my mind, and in my life?
- Do I feel I have choice in creating my ideal life?
- How would feeling confident, powerful, and knowing I have a choice in creating my life make me feel?
Prompts for the Heart Chakra:
- How are my relationships balances?
- How are my relationships imbalanced?
- How do I show myself love?
- How do I show others love?
- Do I feel like I can freely give, and accept love?
- How would finding balance in my relationships, loving myself, and freely giving and accepting love make me feel?
Prompts for the Throat Chakra:
- How in my life am I speaking my truth (what I know or believe to be true?)
- How in my life am I not speaking my truth?
- How do I express myself?
- Do I show this expression to everyone?
- How would speaking my truth and expressing myself fully make me feel?
Prompts for the Third Eye Chakra:
- How do I trust myself?
- How do I not trust myself?
- Do I believe I have an inner guidance system that uses emotions and thoughts to steer me in the right direction?
- How would trusting myself, and believing I have an inner guidance system make me feel?
Prompts for the Crown Chakra:
- How do I believe I am connected to others?
- How do I feel I am separate from others?
- Do I believe in something higher than myself?
- How would feeling connected with others (in a deep way as if they are you, and you are them) and believing in something higher make me feel?
As you work through this exercise, hopefully more than once, don’t be afraid to be open and honest with yourself.
That is part of your self-healing. No one is going to read what you wrote.
But, you should re-read what you wrote, so that you can really take ownership of how you have felt (most likely for a very long time).
When you take ownership of your thoughts and feelings, you’ll cultivate an inner awareness that lets you know you can then change it.
You can choose thoughts that align more fully to a deep transformation and let old ones that don’t serve you fall to the weigh side.
Need help with this, or more support…